Terms & conditions
What DLA are doing to ensure the Health and Safety of our students regarding Covid-19?
Before/after each lesson/test the car will be cleaned, including:
- Door handles (inside and out) – grab handles – window controls – door mirror controls
- Seats and seat adjustment controls – seatbelt – buckle and clasp
- Steering wheel – steering wheel adjuster – indicator and wiper stalks – horn
- Gear lever – hand/parking brake and the interior mirror
- Bonnet catch if necessary (internal and external)
- Other controls such as Sat Nav – ventilation – window demister
- Car keys
- Students may be asked a number of questions before they enter the vehicle and this may include their temperature being taken by a non-contact body thermometer
- If for any reason the student is showing any signs of Coronavirus the lesson will be terminated either before the start or during the lesson.
Pupils responsibility before each lesson
You will be required to confirm the following questions about your health:
- Symptoms of Covid-19 – have you had it, been tested for it, and had results of the test?
- Shielding – are you in a household of family members that are in the enhanced risk health categories?
- Any health issues which may impact your ability to drive?
- Do you have a continuous cough?
- Do you have a fever or high temperature?
- Have you lost either sense of taste or smell?
- Are you mentally well enough to proceed with the lesson (eg after a bereavement)
You will be required to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20-seconds before leaving the house and entering the car and you should wash your hands after your lesson. Your instructor may request you to sanitise/wash hands once you’ve arrived at/entered the vehicle.
- You can wear gloves, (but these should be put on just before you enter the vehicle and the instructor must see you put them on). However general advice is that good hand hygiene is better than gloves, which provide a false sense of security
- You will be asked to wear a mask. You should supply your own mask, but if you do not have one, your instructor will supply you with one of theirs
- You will need to sanitise your hands again when entering the vehicle (you can use your own or we will supply)
- All items, such as mobile phones and house keys will have to stay on you and not left on the dashboard or put into door pockets unless otherwise advised.
- Any bags you bring, for your onward journey must go in the boot unless otherwise advised.
- Driving lessons and tests can only be delivered in the driving school car unless your instructor has advised otherwise.
- If you are returning home from another country your instructor will decide when it is safe to be booked back in for your next lesson. Coronovirus regulations mean that you must self-isolate for 14 days if you arrive in the UK from a country (including transit stops) that is not exempt from these restrictions.
Cancellations for any reason other than Coronavirus will be the subject to the normal notice period and chargeable.
Any cancellations that occur where the basis of the cancellation is suspected Covid-19 are not subject to the same conditions. If you or anyone you are living with have any symptoms, you MUST cancel your driving lesson, preferably not within 48 hours of its start time. There will be no charge for this however, even if its short notice. Once a lesson is cancelled you will not be able to resume lessons until you have self-isolated for seven days or tested negative.
Tuition is only available to persons aged 17 or over who hold a valid provisional/full licence and are legally entitled to drive or learn to drive in the UK. You (‘you’) must bring your licence with you to your first lesson for inspection – failure to do this will result in the lesson being cancelled and the fee still being charged.
Your instructor and DLA
Your instructor is a self-employed franchisee (‘your instructor’) of DLA (‘DLA’,’Drive Learn Achieve’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
DLA acts as agent for your instructor in receiving your payments for driving tuition other than payments made directly by you to your instructor. Where DLA makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or processes any payments for your lessons, they act as the agent of your instructor.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor
Arrangement of lessons
You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example (but not limited to) any lack, or loss of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
We are permitted to change our pricing structure at any time although will always endeavour to give pupils at least 14 days notice.
If you wish to postpone or cancel a lesson you should inform your instructor – a minimum of 48 hours prior notice is required. This is so your reserved slot can then be allocated to another pupil. Failure to provide due notice may result in the lesson(s) being charged for in full.
Payment of lessons
We accept cash, cheque and PayPal payments. Lesson payments must be made before the lesson or on the day. Block payments must be made at the commencement of each block. All lesson payments are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase and the lessons paid for must be taken within this period. Block prices are a per person price eg a block cannot be split between two pupils. price Refunds for block payments are at the discretion of DLA and a charge of £25 to cover transaction and administrative costs will be applied in order to process. You cannot sell or transfer any lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person. Any price changes are at the discretion of DLA although block payments will remain unaffected until expiry.
Gift vouchers can only been purchased in multiples of ten hour blocks and are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. All lessons paid for must be taken in this period. Gift Vouchers have no cash value and have to be redeemed against tuition. Gift vouchers are not transferable.
Your instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance should you be involved in a collision as a driver while in control of driving the instructor’s tuition vehicle.
Use of your instructors vehicle is entirely at their discretion. This includes deciding if a pupil is at the required standard in order to attempt a practical test in their vehicle.