What’s it like being a DLA driving instructor…?
We asked one of our team to provide their view on how working with DLA feels different.
Here’s Stuart’s story…
“I joined DLA in 2012 after working for local driving school in Cardiff. They were great but I wanted a new challenge and a new vehicle, so after having a chat with one of the DLA instructors at the test centre (in Fairwater back then!) who highly recommended them I decided to get in touch and see if they had a vacancy for an ADI.
I’ve always used Ford Fiestas to teach in as I find them very economical, simple to drive with good all around visibility so I decided to lease a new model and DLA promptly provided me with a brand new roofbox, DLA stationery and iPad complete with teaching apps already downloaded. The iPad has brought driver training into the modern age and we’ve used them for years. Training apps help pupils visualise scenarios e.g. at roundabouts or during manoeuvres, and enables the trainer to recap and reflect on learning with the student.
Passing on my knowledge (I spent many years teaching guitar) is something I’ve always been drawn to and DLA are great at ensuring you simply get to concentrate on being the best instructor you can be. Pupils pay in advance for their lessons (at competitive prices) via the website and you’re provided with all of the necessary information including future availability and their driving history. They’re then carefully placed in your online diary giving you plenty of time to plan for it and book other pupils’ sessions before/after.
We’ve grown considerably since I joined and despite this we are busier than ever. I’m never short of students and I think this is down to our reputation and the amount of recommendations we receive.
We are a team of like minded instructors and DLA ensure that you don’t feel isolated as an instructor by having regular meetings to share our experiences – the only problem is that we’re often all so busy it’s logistically challenging to be in the same place at once!”
DLA driving school are able to offer fully qualified ADI’s a very competitive package –
- Pay NOTHING for 30 days
- Brand new iPad
- A fantastic income – e.g. 35 hours per week x £26 = £910
- Business is at an unprecedented level so we can supply you with a regular, unlimited flow of new pupils
- As we are a Cardiff driving school we supply Cardiff pupils for our driving instructors
- Graduated pricing (when you’re ready) to build your diary proportionally and fairly
- Uncomplicated lesson pricing for you and your pupils
- Six franchise-free weeks per year
- Full driving school support (based in Cardiff) and advice regarding all business matters (from accounts to standards checks) from an experienced ADI
- Branded DLA driving school stationery (business cards, letterheads, appointment cards, gift vouchers etc)
- Stylish black DLA driving school roofbox for your car
- Select your own vehicle
- The more you work the more you earn
Your teaching vehicle
As a driving instructor with us you’ll be spending a lot of time in-car so its important you have a driving school vehicle that is adept at handling day to day driving lesson use by your pupils but also is comfortable and enjoyable to drive. We believe its a personal choice. That is why we let you choose.
We supply the business while you select the vehicle of your choice. As long as it is modern, clean, dual controlled and the pupils have fun during driving lessons, it then its fine with us too.
Get in touch, leave your details and we’ll call you back – if you currently work for another driving school we’ll treat your enquiry in the strictest confidence.